PCA Teen Cheerleader Program
The PCA Teen Cheerleader Program gives high school girls the opportunity to work with Professional Cheerleaders Alumni members who provide personal coaching and mentoring in dance and cheer, personal appearance, self confidence and so much more!
What really makes this program unique is PCA’s partnership with the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation who allows this team the opportunity to perform at multiple home games in the stands with the children in the Jacksonville Jaguars Foundation Honor Rows® Program. The young ladies in the PCA Teen Cheerleader Program become role models themselves as they work with special organizations throughout the Jacksonville and surrounding communities with entertainment opportunities to dance & cheer.
- Volunteer service hours for school
- Dance and cheer instruction by former NFL cheerleaders and guest choreographers
- Cheer in the stands at Jacksonville Jaguars home games in designated area with alumni cheerleaders
- Discounts from select sponsors
- Lead and mentor young participants of the Jacksonville Jaguars Honor Rows® program
- Photo and autograph opportunities through special events
- Special privileges to PCA Dance Clinics and Audition Prep Classes
- Experience Jaguars game day like no other!
This is a great training program for Professional Cheerleader hopefuls that provides hours of personal mentoring from NFL alumni cheerleaders!
- Currently be enrolled in High School (9th -12th grades)
- Show proof of grade point average of 2.5 or better (report card)
- Have some background in Cheer or Dance
- Attend required practices
- Provide own transportation to and from all practices and events
- Show proof of physical good health from physician
- Pay program fee of $200* and purchase required attire and materials
* Program fee includes liability insurance, dance and cheer instruction from the members of Professional Cheerleaders Alumni, and other special privileges
For Questions about the PCA Teen Cheerleader Program, please contact:
Cara Cosmato, Program Director
Jacksonville Jaguars 2010, 2011
Cara is a full time student majoring in Athletic Training at the University of North Florida who has a genuine love for athletics, dance and cheer. She has a background in gymnastics, competitive cheerleading, semiprofessional and professional cheerleading and was a gymnast for seven years competing her last year as an optional level seven gymnast. She cheered competitively with her high school for four years, went on to cheer semi-pro for Jacksonville’s Rugby team, the Jacksonville Axemen and peaked her professional cheerleading career with the Jacksonville Jaguars NFL team (2010- 2011). During her last season she selected for the Veteran of the Year award.
“I tried out for the Jaguars for three years before actually making the team; I like to mention this because I want to instill to the girls, participating in the PCA Teen Cheerleader program to never give up on achieving their biggest dreams. I look forward to working with the girls this season and want to push them to be the best representatives they can be- not only for this cheer program, but for themselves, as young women growing in today’s society.”
Jessica Clifton, Program Assistant
Jacksonville Jaguars 2009, 2010
Jessica is a full time student majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in Psychology. She graduated from Douglas Anderson School of the Arts as a dance major in 2005 and has been dancing and tumbling for 20 years. While earning her A.A. degree, she was a dance major as well at Florida State College of Jacksonville. Jessica works full time as a Medical Assistant for a group of cardiovascular doctors in Jacksonville and has been teaching dance at Barbara Thompson School of Dance for the past 7 years.
* Professional Cheerleaders Alumni, Inc. is an independent organization and not affiliated with any other parties.